Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Smiles Make Everything Better

Ryan was up a lot for a couple nights in a row so I was hoping last night would be better. It all started at 1:30 when I heard him cry for just a second. When it stopped I figured he went back to sleep until I looked over and saw that the baby monitor wasn't working and therefore I wouldn't be able to hear his soft cries. I got up, gave him his binky and hoped he would sleep for a couple more hours. At 2:30 he woke up again. But for that whole hour I kept waking up to make sure the monitor was still working and to make sure he wasn't crying. I got him out of bed to change and feed him. When I went to change his diaper I found that he peed through his onsie, his jammies, his blankets, and the bedding in his crib. Well no wonder he wasn't happy. Now he was crying cause he was hungry and because I had to take all his clothes off and change him before he could eat. I was lucky to have one more clean blanket big enough to swaddle him in. After he got done eating I went and got him some clean, dry clothes. Instead of crying while getting him dressed like he usually does, he was content to just lay there playing and smiling a little. Those smiles make everything better. How can you stay frusturated when they smile at you during the frusturating moments? Ryan does this all the time. I love when he suddenly gives me those big grins. Being a mom is the best!

1 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Ah...good thing he smiled.
Those are the times you need to think about when the frusterating times come.